Ferns Surfacing are currently recruiting for a Mobile Plant Fitter required to work in Brentwood and Colchester areas.
Candidates will have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the following skill profile:
Reporting to: Plant Manager
This job description is intended to provide a general flavour of the role and tasks involved. It is not a definitive list of activities required by the employee.
Ferns Surfacing Ltd is part of the Ferns Group of companies. Ferns Surfacing delivers a range of services within the surfacing and reinstatement industry across a wide geographic area from North Norfolk to Kent. As such, we operate a large number of vehicles and plant units from our depots. The post holder will be expected to work remotely and under their own direction from any of the locations as required.
Support at other depot sites will be required from time to time to suit the demands of the business.
Experience of servicing and repair of the following items are essential:
- Terex pedestrian Roller Breakers
- Stihl Saws
- Bomag Compaction equipment – rammers, whacker plates etc.
- Small Honda petrol engines
- JCB Telehandler / Excavators
- Doosan Compressors
- Ford Transits, Mercedes Sprinters, Hilux pick ups
- General Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 0600 hrs to 1600 hrs although at times, you may be required to work outside of these hours to meet the requirements of the depot you are supporting
- Work Closely with Yard Supervisors and Depot Heads to provide regular visits to each depot to undertake ad hoc repairs to mobile and hand held plant.
- Undertake servicing for the Non O Licensed vehicles across the fleet / depots as per manufacturers recommendation
- Provide regular servicing and maintenance on all plant located at the main depots to prevent excessive downtime through unit failure
- Undertake running repairs as required when at any depots, including but not limited to bulb changes, minor electrical / wiring issues, fluid top ups etc.
- Undertake inspection and repairs to Non O Licensed vehicles as required or instructed
- Manage your own supply and stock holding of general consumable items and fast moving parts (Brakes, Bulbs, Wipers etc.)
- In conjunction with the Senior Fitter & Buyers order parts required for specific repairs and ensure any and all warranty items are identified. All purchases are to be raised with purchase orders and at the most commercially viable rate
- Maintain and clean own works vehicle as required, ensuring it is always presentable and in serviceable condition
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high standard and that vehicles or plant is only released back to the teams once it is in a safe and serviceable condition. Vehicles must ONLY be released if they meet the minimum standard of roadworthiness.
- Provide accurate and timely service reports to the Transport Manager detailing assets repaired and serviced
- Keep paper records of work undertaken on vehicle and assets to ensure that any warranty item failures are identifiable and able to be claimed
- Undertake Vehicle Condition Reports on behalf of the Transport Director
- Provide detailed reports to the Transport Director in the event of repairs required from abuse or misuse of vehicles or equipment.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken with consideration of own and other colleagues Health and Safety.
- Control appropriately any substances that fall under COSHH Regulations such as oils, lubricating agents, cleaning agents
- Manage own H & S items such as Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments & Safety Data Sheets as well as First Aid items.
- Maintain a valid Driving Licence
- Maintain any required professional qualifications
- Work in a ‘mobile environment’ providing assistance at yards across the business
- Provide assistance to the other mobile fitter as required, especially with regard to annual leave, sickness or sudden increases in workload
- Conduct yourself in a manner that protects the corporate image and integrity of Ferns Surfacing Ltd
Related keywords: fitter, mechanical fitter, window fitter
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£37,000.00 per year