Health & Safety Advisor
Forefront Utilities and Ferns Surfacing are one of the leading experts in Gas Mains Replacement, Reinstatement and Recycling in the UK. We are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor t to join our team in providing a comprehensive Health & Safety service covering our sites across London, South East Essex & Kent.
Our Health and safety department are responsible for maintaining and improving health and safety in the workplace. The successful Health & Safety Advisor will receive the necessary Health & Safety training in order to become proficient in being able to advise our H&S Manager in ensuring that our organisation has effective health and safety policies and procedures and that the company and workers follow health and safety laws and guidelines.
After successful training you will be expected to assist on advising on fire regulations, noise, safe use of machinery, hazardous substances, occupational health and environmental issues. Other duties include:
- Assisting in developing and monitoring the organisation's health and safety policies and procedures
- Assisting in carrying out regular inspections and risk assessments
- Assisting in producing RAMS
- Undertake Audits & Site inspections
- Perform Inductions, Toolbox talks and training
- Assisting in maintaining accident records in investigating any accident/near miss and reporting your findings to the H&S Manager and Senior Board
- Assisting in advising on protective clothing and equipment
- Assisting in arranging in-house and outside training for employees on safety issues
- Report writing
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law.
Requirements & Experience:
- Experience in Gas Mains / Service Laying / Utilities
- Experience in compliance or Health & Safety
- Excellent IT Skills (word, excel and powerpoint)
- Qualified in NEBOSH/SMSTS/IOSH (preferred)
- You will be expected to continually learn on the job and also attend any necessary training courses run by in-company training departments, local colleges or health and safety consultants.
- To work safely at all times ensuring the safety of your colleagues and all those working around you.
- To comply with the requirements of the Forefront Utilities Ltd & Ferns Group Health and Safety Environmental and Quality policies and procedures.
- To maintain consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and the adherence to relevant Health & Safety procedures.
- To pursue the personal development of skills and the knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- To represent Forefront Utilities Ltd and Ferns Surfacing in a professional manner at all times.
This position will incorporate Health and Safety Services for Forefront Utilities and Ferns Surfacing.
- This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, 6.00am to 4.00pm, although flexibility for an earlier start time or later finish time may be required on occasions due to audits and inspections.
- The role will be office-based either at Forefront Utilities Head Office in Brentwood or Ferns Surfacing Head Office in Maidstone, but will also involve travel around to visit sites on a regular basis.
- Full clean driving licence
- Use of Company Vehicle, Laptop & Mobile Phone will be provided.
- Forefront Utilities is an equal opportunities employer.
- Forefront Utilities is a fully owned subsidiary of Ferns Group.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per year