Health & Safety Policy Statement
Ferns Group accepts its legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act, etc. 1974 and associated legislation and Codes of Practice. The Company gives its full commitment to doing everything reasonably practicable to protect the safety, health and the welfare of all its employees and any other persons whose health and safety may be affected by the Company's business. The promotion of health and safety measures is a mutual objective for the Company and for its employees at all levels.
It is the intention that all the Company's affairs and business will be conducted and carried out in a manner which will not cause risk to the health and safety of its employees, the employees of others or members of the public.
The Company recognises that people are a vital resource and priority will be given to the effective prevention of risks and to contingency arrangements. In doing so, the Company seeks and requires the support of all employees in avoiding accidents, ill health and associated cost and disruption.
All employees are reminded of their personal legal responsibilities and are required to take all reasonable care to prevent injury to themselves and to others.
Adequate financial, human and other resources will be made available to ensure the effective implementation of this policy. Procedures will be established to monitor health and safety performance and ensure effective consultation, communication and co-ordination.
It is the policy of the Company to maintain safe systems of work and specifically:
- Provide and maintain machinery, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
- Ensure safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of employees.
- Maintain all places of work under the Company's control, including means of access and egress, in a condition that is safe and without risk to health.
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risk to health.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments are carried out and controls are in place to eliminate or minimise risks under the relevant statutory provisions.
- Establish, maintain and develop arrangements for effective consultation with staff on health and safety matters.
- Comply with statutory requirements as a minimum standard for health, safety and the welfare of employees at work and all others toward whom the Company has statutory obligations.
- Recognise the link between efficiency, safety and health, and to minimise the costs, losses and disruption which arise from accidents, ill health and dangerous occurrences.
- Ensure that all contractors employed in connection with the Company's business are competent in respect of necessary health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are aware that they are required to work safely, not to start or continue work which is unsafe and to cooperate with all members of staff in all matters which affect their health and safety at work.
In order to achieve the above a systematic health and safety management plan will be implemented by:
Elimination of risks or adequate control in the workplace by the careful selection and design of facilities, equipment and processes in conjunction with effective control measures.
Ensuring that safety requirements are being implemented throughout the Company by all employees.
Safety inspections and audits will be regularly conducted to monitor.
All safety requirements and risk assessments in order to achieve the highest possible standards for health and safety.
The Policy Statement will be brought to the attention of all employees at induction and will be displayed on Company notice boards.
This Policy Statement replaces the previous statement dated: January 2015 and will be reviewed at least annually and revised as often as required, taking into consideration Company reorganisation, work methods and identification of hazards and risks and to the continual improvement of the Company’s approach to health and safety.