Ferns Surfacing is a leading utility contractor
Ferns Surfacing Ltd are currently recruiting for HGV Grab Drivers / HIAB Operators / Muck Away. The role will be working alongside our reinstatement teams, to facilitate the delivery and collection of plant, equipment and vehicles from our worksites and operational bases.
Locations: City of London, East London, Essex
Candidates will have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience.
Day to day tasks and Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver and collect materials to and from teams
- Carry out backfilling and muck away operations
- Ensure the safety of members of the public and operational staff whilst the HGV is operating.
- To assist with the backfill of pipe excavations and trenches in the highway
- To assist with signing, lighting and guarding of works.
- To remove construction waste materials to recycling centres and clear sites of debris.
- Risk Assessments
Job Type / Category
- Working hours between 6am and 4pm
- Rate of pay dependent upon experience and qualifications
These are Full Time positions with overtime and productivity bonus payments
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have Class 2 HGV
- Must have HIAB Ticket
- Must hold a valid CPC
- Qualified in NRSWA (Streetworks)
- Full Clean License
- Previous HGV / HIAB experience (At least 1 year)
- Further training given to the right candidates if required:
- First aid, manual handling, abrasive wheels, cable avoidance and EUSR
Job Types: Full-time, Contract